Once you have selected a Placeholder to use for the Parameter within the Action, you have the option to use the JSON results. Having access to the JSON results provides you with a huge amount of information that the action returns which you can then utilize in successive Playbook actions and flows.
The JSON result data can be manipulated using the Expression Builder in order to extract the relevant data for the action input.
The following Pipe functions are supported:
- First (x) – Return first X elements of an array
- Last (x) – Return last X elements of an array
- Min (KeyPath) – return an element of an array by the minimum
- Max (KeyPath) – return an element of an array by the maximum
- Filter (ConditionKey, Operator, Value) – Filter objects by field
- DateFormat (“pattern”) – format date by specific pattern (‘yyyy/dd/mm HH:mm:ss’) to supported format (“YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ssZ”)
- Count () – return the number of elements in expression
- OrderBy (KeyPath, “Direction”) – order array by specific child field
- toLower () – convert expression to lower case letters
- toUpper () – convert expression to upper case letters
- Replace (“x”, “y”) – replace string in an expression
- Distinct () – remove duplicates from an array
Below are some examples of using the new functions.
To add a new placeholder:
Click  in the Parameter. The Placeholder window opens with various categories.
Navigate to the Playbook category, choose the required JSON Result and click the pipe builder icon.
The screen opens with a JSON Sample and the list of supported functions. Note that the sample appears in this window is an example. Actual data will depend on the customer’s product data schemas and configuration. This screen also contains an Expressions area for you to edit the functions and pipes.
Click on Run to check the functions against the sample and see the Results.
Need more help with this?
Click here to open a Support ticket