In the Permissions screen you can manage permissions and restrictions for different types of users, user groups and actions.
For example, if the user is in a group that has Edit permissions for the Playbooks module then the user can both view and edit that Playbook. However, if you then add a restricted Action to this group such as Download Email Attachments, then this User will no longer be able to view or edit any Playbook that contains this action.
Note that the following predefined permission groups are in the Siemplify Platform:
- View Only – these are for users with a View Only License
The predefined Admin group has predefined Edit rights to the All Environments thereby allowing them to view data from all environments in the system. When creating a new permissions group, it is recommended to think carefully before allowing edit rights to All Environments.
To add a new permissions group:
- Click the Add Permissions group. A New Group is added to the list on the left.
- Fill out the following areas on the screen:
- Your cursor will automatically be placed next to the title of New Group. Delete the words New Group and add in your own name for the new Group. For example, Tier One.
- If you are creating a View Only user group, then tick the required checkbox.
- Decide what type of permissions you want to give this group for each module – Edit, View or None.
- Add Active Directory groups to be assigned to this permission group. This is useful if you are using Active Directory to authenticate Siemplify users.
- If required, you can restrict specific Actions for this new group. Click on the plus sign in the Restrict Actions area and choose the action from the drop down. For multiple actions, you will need to add one at a time. So for example, you might want to restrict Delete Cases Action. Note that if an analyst in this user group tries to run a playbook with this action, they will be denied permission to run this playbook.
- When finished, make sure to click Save. Note that at any time, you can make changes and then re-Save. You can also duplicate permission groups for easier editing.
Need more help with this?
Click here to open a Support ticket