Whilst working on a case, you might realize that the Case is actually a critical incident and needs to be handled needs to be handled by multiple teams in a cross functional collaboration. In such a situation, you want to change the case to a Command Center incident.
To open an incident from the Cases screen,
- Select the required case in the Cases screen.
- From the Action items menu, click Open in Command Center.
- Fill out the Incident details, including name and description. Add in any critical impact to the company or potential risk factors that you can think of. You can always edit anything later on once the Incident has been opened in the Command Center. Click Next when done to move to the next step of the Wizard.
- All the comments that were on the Case wall will appear in the Comments step. Select the comments that you want to carry over along with the Incident and click Next.
- All the attachments that were on the Case wall will appear in the Attachments step. Select the attachments that are important enough to be carried over to the Command Center and click Next.
- All the tasks that were on the Case wall appear in the Tasks step. If you select a task like this and click Open Command Center – you will receive a warning message that moving the task will also automatically appoint this user as an official collaborator on this Incident to the Command Center.
- Click Confirm on the Warning Message and then click again on Open Command Center. The Incident now opens in the Command Center.
Need more help with this?
Click here to open a Support ticket