Once an Admin has opened a critical incident, it can then be updated in real time with priority rating changing according to circumstance.
To open an incident,
- Navigate to the Command Center module and click the + icon on the left to add a new incident.
- Select the required environment from the drop-down list. The incident is created.
- At the top of the screen, where it says New Incident, click and add in the name of the Incident. For example, Rogue Attack.
- Click Edit and add in the Incident description. For example, Hacker attempted to infiltrate system.
- Choose the Severity Score- from 0 to 100 – where 100 is the highest level. Note that you can (and should) change the Severity Score throughout the investigation, containment and action phases. A graph will display on the Dashboard showing the changes in Severity Score over time.
- In the Critical Impacts section, add in all the possible ways this incident will impact on the company – both actual and potential.
- In the Risks section, add in all the potential hazards i.e. what else could happen?
- Under the What are we doing heading, summarize the Main Strategy your company is taking to handle this crisis.
- Add in status updates from all the relevant departments (you will take and summarize these updates from the Workstation once people start to work on the Incident).
- In the Intelligence section, select the type of Incident: Attack or Failure (where failure indicates a problem with the company’s infrastructure).
- Select the range: Unknown, Targeted (aimed at specific individuals in the company), or Wide (ie global company attack).
- Write down the motivation for the attack (as far as you can tell).
- Add information that you have so far about the case.
- Add all the information that you are still missing and hoping to acquire.
- Add in the range.
- Click Save when done.
To close an Incident:
- From the top right of the screen, click
- Select Close Incident.
- Add in a comment in the Close Incident dialog box and click Save.
Need more help with this?
Click here to open a Support ticket