To install a Siemplify Remote Agent:
- Make sure you have installed all the prerequisites as detailed here.
- In the Siemplify Platform, navigate to Settings > Advanced > Remote Agents.
- Click the plus icon on the top right of the screen to open the Installation process.
- Click on the Manual installation link.
- In the first step, add the name of the Agent and choose the environment it will be associated with. Click Next.
- In the second step, you can either choose to download the Agent package onto your machine, or you can add in an email address. Alternatively you can click on Add environment contact which will automatically add in the email of the Contact Person for that environment. Click Next. The package is either downloaded onto your computer or a link is sent by email depending on what you have chosen. (Make sure you have configured the Email Integration to the correct environment)
- Clicking on the link downloads the following 3 zipped files to the required machine:
- env: Siemplify environment variables
- agent.key: The key for encrypting and decrypting the data.
- SiemplifyAgent_Centos.sh: Installer script file
- In this screen, you can follow the links to Get Your Server Ready and information on Linux installation as detailed in the following steps.
Please continue with the following steps before clicking Next.
- Using WinSCP or a similar tool, copy these files over to the machine you want to install the agent on.
- Log in to the machine that you want to install the agent on using SSH.
- Enter your username and password.
- Set the execution permissions on the file with the following command:
sudo chmod +x SiemplifyAgent_Centos
- Install the agent using the following command:
- When the script finishes, it will be clearly marked.
- Return to the Wizard in the Siemplify platform and click “Next”. You will receive a confirmation message that your Agent is connected.
Thanks for your feedback.