Agent Installation Prerequisites
Please make sure your server meets the following requirements before proceeding:
- Centos 7+
- Enter update
yum update -y
- Install pip 9.0.2+
python get-pip.pyFor example:
curl "https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py" -o "get-pip.py"
- Install GCC
yum install gcc -y
- Install GCC C++
yum install gcc-c++ -y
- Install Python-devel
yum install python-devel -y
- Install Python 3
yum install python3 -y
- Install Python 3 virtual environment dependency
python -m pip install virtualenvand
python3 -m pip install virtualenv
- Install AT
yum install at
- Start ATD
service atd start
The following procedure is for the end customer to install an Agent on their machine.
To install a Siemplify Remote Agent (Linux):
- Click on the CentOS download and extract the zip file which contains the following 3 files to the required machine:
- SiemplifyAgent installer: The installer of the Siemplify Agent.
- agent.key: The key for encrypting and decrypting the data.
- config.JSON: Configurations as configured in the Siemplify Server for the given Siemplify Agent instance.
- Connect to the machine that you want to install the agent on using SSH.
- Log in as root user with the standard Siemplify password.
- Set the execution permissions on the file with the following command:
sudo chmod +x SiemplifyAgent_Centos
- Install the agent using the following command:
- Before the script finishes, you will be asked to enter three numbers:
- Enter retransmission interval (seconds): This is the interval in which the agent will send Cases from the retransmission folder to the Publisher. Click Enter to retain the default amount of seconds.
- Enter retransmission save period (days): This deletes cases from the retransmission folder after a certain number of days. Click Enter to accept the default amount of days.
- Enter retransmission folder max size: This is the max size in megabytes for the folder. Once it reaches this size, older cases will be deleted. Click Enter to accept the default amount of days.
- When the script finishes, it will be clearly marked.
Thanks for your feedback.