Siemplify provides a repository for use cases developed by Siemplify or by the community that can be deployed in your environment. The use cases are available for download from the Marketplace. Each use case contains the items required for an end-to-end execution of a workflow.
Use cases can be a great way for Siemplify Users to share their knowledge by uploading their own use cases in the Siemplify Platform. The use case contains all the items needed to implement a workflow and installs the following:
- Test case (Simulation Case)
- Mapping & modelling configuration
This allows you to see how an end-to-end security workflow will look in Siemplify, and even use these items as a kickstart for the actual use cases you want to implement.
In the marketplace, you will have a fully detailed description of the items in each use case. In addition, there may be a video showing you how to deploy the use case on mock or real data. You will usually be required to configure the integrations in the use case.
When everything is set up, you will be able to run the test cases from the Cases screen.
Example: Zero to Hero Use Case
Let’s run the Basic Phishing (Zero to Hero) use case from the Marketplace.
- Navigate to the Marketplace > Use Cases tab.
- In the Use Case tab, select the Zero to Hero use case.
- Before you click Deploy, we recommend you take five minutes to watch the video tutorial in this Use Case before continuing. Click Deploy and wait while the system downloads all the items. When finished, you will see a confirmation message.
- Navigate to the Integrations section of the marketplace and click on Choose > Show Installed Only and then click Refresh to display the Integrations installed by this Use Case.
- Click on the Configure tab and configure the Installation under the Default Environment. For more information, refer to Configure Integrations.
- Navigate to Cases, click the + sign above the cases queue and select Simulate Cases.
- Select the Zero to Hero case and click Create.
- Click Refresh and you will see a new Case created in Siemplify, with a playbook attached to the alert inside.
Need more help with this?
Click here to open a Support ticket