Siemplify uses connectors to ingest alerts from a variety of data sources into the Siemplify platform. A connector is one of the items in an integration package – which can be downloaded via the Marketplace. Connectors are configured via > Connectors.
Connectors are Python based applications that allow users to pull alerts from 3rd party products into Siemplify. Connectors also parse and normalize the raw data (alerts, events) into a Siemplify format which will then be presented as a Case in the Case Queue.
If you are running a SIEM (a central place for all your alerts), one connector will be enough. It is also possible to pull data from multiple sources with several connectors. Each connector will have a dedicated documentation link for additional help.
Example – Email Connector
Let’s set up an email connector.
- Navigate to Marketplace > Integrations and install the EmailV2 integration. Refer to information in Run Use Cases on how to complete this step.
- Navigate to > Connectors.
- Click on the plus icon on the left side of the screen.
- Select the IMAP Email connector and click Create.
- Fill in the empty mandatory fields and save the connector. Click Yes on the confirmation message.
- Enable the connector and save it again. This will make it run periodically to pull any new emails according to the configuration.
Need more help with this?
Click here to open a Support ticket