This section will provide explanations for the offline installation of PostgreSQL 10 on Linux – including replication configuration with automatic failover (using REPMGR).
Please make sure you have the “HA DB rpms.zip” file which contains all the necessary RPMs.
For this first step of the procedure, we will use two DB servers, one as the Primary and the other one as Secondary.
Installation Flow High Level Summary
- Extract & Install (on all DB servers)
- Configure PostgreSQL & allow ports – on all DB servers
- Restart PostgreSQL – on all DB servers
- Configure REPMGR – On the primary DB server
- Configure REPMGR – On the secondary DB server
- Configure REPMGR – On the secondary DB server (mandatory for DR)
- Pre-failover Actions
Need more help with this?
Click here to open a Support ticket