The following procedure should be executed with sudo permissions on all three servers – Primary DB, Secondary DB and the DR DB.
- Download the HA DB rpms.zip file to the home folder of the Siemplify user.
- Enter the following command:
sudo su -
cd /homeAlternatively, go to the folder that contains the zip with the RPMs
unzip HA DB rpms.zip
yum remove libicu-50.2-4.el7_7.x86_64 -y
yum install *.rpm -y
systemctl enable postgresql-10
passwd postgresEnter a password here for the postgres user
su - postgres
ssh-keygen -t rsa
<OTHER_IP_ADDRESS>Add here the IP address of the other DB
- Make sure all the .ssh key files have the right permissions
chmod 700 ~/.ssh
chmod 600 ~/.ssh/authorized_keys
chmod 644 ~/.ssh/known_hosts
chmod 600 ~/.ssh/id_rsa
chmod 644 ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub
restorecon -R -v ~/.ssh
- Validate passwordless connection between the servers using
ssh postgres !https://manula.r.sizr.io/large/user/14758/img/atsign.png! <remoteIP>
- PostgreSQL 10 will be installed with all the neccesary packages of REPMGR 5.0.
To check the status of the postgres service use the following command:
systemctl status postgresql-10
Need more help with this?
Click here to open a Support ticket