This section will provide explanations for the offline installation of PostgreSQL 10 on Linux – including replication configuration with automatic failover (using REPMGR).
Please make sure you have the “HA DB rpms.zip” file which contains all the necessary RPMs.
For this first step of the procedure, we will use two DB servers, one as the Master and the second as Slave.
Installation Flow High Level Summary
- Extract & Install (on all DB servers)
- Configure PostgreSQL & allow ports – on all DB servers
- Restart PostgreSQL – on all DB servers
- Configure REPMGR – On the master DB server
- Configure REPMGR – On the slave DB server
- Configure REPMGR – On the slave DB server (mandatory for DR)
- Pre-failover Actions
Need more help with this?
Click here to open a Support ticket