This article details both how to configure Okta for authentication and how to configure the Siemplify platform to support this.
To configure Okta for SSO:
- Navigate to the Okta Admin Portal
- Navigate to Applications > Add Application.
- Select Create New App.
- Select SAML 2.0 as the Sign on Method and click Create.
- Enter the App name and click Next. For example, Siemplify.
- Enter the following information in the Create SAML Integration screen:
- Single sign on URL: https://[your_siemplify_server]:8443/Saml2/Acs
- Audience URI (SP Entity ID): https://[your_siemplify_server]:8443/Saml2/
- Click Next.
- In the next screen that opens, click Finish.
- Next, navigate to the Sign on tab and select View Setup Instructions.
- In the screen that opens, do the following:
- Copy the Identity Provider Issuer (note that you will use this later for the Entity ID value.)
- Create a new file ExtendedEntityDescriptor.xml with the IDP metadata text from the following section (to be used in a future step)
Configure SAML Provider
To configure the SAML Provider:
- Navigate to Settings > Advanced > External Authentication.
- Select Okta.
- Fill out the following fields.
|Provider name||Add in the name of the provider. Note that the system will automatically have Okta populated.|
|IDP Metadata||Upload file which defines the connection between Siemplify and the Custom provider.|
|Identifier||URL of the provider.|
|ACS URL||Siemplify server name. Note that users have to connect to Siemplify with the same URL pattern configured in this field in order to log in with SAML. Note that it must take the following form: https://[your_siemplify_server]:8443/Saml2/|
|Provider public certificate||The certificate is optional. It can be uploaded as necessary for custom custom providers.|
- Click Save in the top right corner.
The next stage is to add users that can access Siemplify through the new SAML provider that you just created.
To add and configure users:
- Navigate to Settings > Authentication > User Management.
- Click the + icon on the top right.
- Fill out the fields, making sure to choose Okta Provider in the User Type field.
- Click Add when done. The user will appear in the list of Users with the Okta icon to the left.
- Repeat for any users you need.
- Click the Send Invitation envelope to invite the user to sign into Siemplify.
Need more help with this?
Click here to open a Support ticket