In addition to standard users, the admin can also add view only users to the Siemplify platform. This can be useful when you want somebody in your organization or an MSSP customer to be aware of information pertaining to specific places in the platform but without having the ability to change them.
The procedure to add these users is the same as that of adding regular users.
Step One: Purchase the license for the required number of users with your Account Manager.
Step Two: Create a new View Only user group or use the predefined View Only group.
Step Three: Create new user.
Purchase View Only License
- Arrange a license for the required number of View Only Users.
- Navigate to Settings > Organizations > License Management to view the details.
Set up a User Group
- Navigate to Settings > Organization > Permissions.
- Click on the predefined Permissions group called View Only. (Alternatively, you can create a new group and select the checkbox next to This group is for View-Only License users.)
- Select the required categories that you want to be viewable.
- Click Save in the top right corner.
Create a View Only User
- Navigate to Settings > Organization > User Management.
- In the License Type field, make sure to select the View Only type.
- In the Permission Group drop-down, make sure to select the View Only group or any new group that you created which is for View Only users.
- Fill out the rest of the fields as required.
- Click Add. The user is added to the list.
Need more help with this?
Click here to open a Support ticket