Powering Up the Charger
After you have installed the SemaConnect Series 4 EV Home Charger, turn on the power at the breaker. Allow up to 3 minutes for the charger to fully power on. The charger is ready to use when the LED is a steady blue color and icons are visible on the screen. If the charger does not power on, contact your electrician to ensure correct electrical installation. The charger may now be connected to a vehicle to start charging. Please note the following default settings, which may be changed by configuring the charger.
- Power level is set to 16 amps
- No schedule
Appropriate Amperage Setting
The charger may be configured to charge a range of amperage levels. It is essential not to select a level that is greater than your circuit breaker is rated for. Other factors, such as the electrical capacity of your panel and wiring size, may need to be considered. Please consult with a qualified electrician if in doubt.
Configuring the Charger
The charger may be configured to provide the optimal power level and, optionally, connect the charger to your home WiFi network. Connecting the charger to WiFi will enable additional features and is recommended if WiFi is available at the installed location.
Connecting to the SemaConnect Mobile App
- Download the SemaConnect mobile application to your smartphone.
- Open the app, click on My Account, and log in (create an account if you do not have one).
Note: The SemaConnect mobile app provides access to all public SemaConnect charging stations in addition to the Series 4 EV Home Charger.
To configure the charger, perform the following steps in the SemaConnect mobile app:
1. Access the Home Charger menu and follow the instructions to add a charger.
• Initiate the pairing process on the charger by inserting the supplied Allen wrench into the small opening where the vehicle connector attaches to the charger and briefly pressing the recessed button for less than 2 seconds. See diagram below.
• If connecting to an available WiFi network, select the network and provide the password.
2. The charger will now be listed in the Home Charger section of the mobile application.
Advanced features may be configured if the charger is connected to WiFi.
To perform this configuration, click on the settings icon for your charger in the Home Charger section of the mobile application.
Select one of the following modes:
- Unlocked (default): The charger will start charging immediately after an electric vehicle is connected.
- Locked: The charger requires authorization (using the mobile app) to begin charging once an electric vehicle is connected.
- Scheduled: The charger will only charge the connected electric vehicle during the specified schedule.