Reservations can be made via various channels (the hotel’s website, Online Travel Agents like Booking.com, telephone, corporate sales, etc.) and at various rates. Per rate plan, and even reservation, different conditions can apply. Part of the conditions is the set cancellation policy for that specific reservation.
The cancellation policy determines the amount of the reservation that is to paid by the guest at the moment of cancellation. This can vary from no payment to a a full payment of the whole reservation amount. Hotels can differentiate this by using multiple cancellation policies, where the conditions determine the flexibility of the cancellation itself.
- when opened, the right (main) screen is empty as no Cancellation Policy has been selected yet.
- The list has three filters:
- active – by clicking ‘active’ only Cancellation policies that are marked active are displayed in the list
- inactive – by clicking ‘inactive only Cancellation policies that are marked inactive are displayed in the list
- all – all Cancellation policies are displayed in the list
- The ‘plus sign / add cancellation policy will open a new cancellation policy form in the right screen.