If you are unable to run a backup or view/restore photos and videos, please follow the steps below.
Common causes of not being able to run a backup or view/restore photos and videos:
- ThePhotoStick® Omni device is not fully plugged into your iPhone or iPad
- ThePhotoStick® Omni was left plugged into your iPhone or iPad when not being used and iOS put ThePhotoStick® Omni device to sleep.
- ThePhotoStick® Omni app needs to be closed and re-opened.
Steps to resolve the issue:
Try one or more of the following suggestions:
1. Ensure your ThePhotoStick® Omni device is plugged in fully and securely into your iPhone or iPad. Some phone cases for iPhones and iPads may be too thick and may prevent the drive from being fully plugged
in. Try plugging the ThePhotoStick® Omni device in without the iPhone or iPad case on to see if the drive can fully plug in.
2. Unplug and plug back in your ThePhotoStick® Omni device.
- Remove your ThePhotoStick® Omni device from your iPhone or iPad.
- Wait 5 seconds.
- Plug your ThePhotoStick® Omni device back into your iPhone or iPad.
- Wait 5-10 seconds for your iPhone or iPad to detect your ThePhotoStick® Omni device.
- Go to Settings by tapping on the gear icon in the app.
- Tap the “Select Your ThePhotoStick Device” button.
- Select “PHOTOSTICK” (NOTE: do not select any folders under PHOTOSTICK), then tap “Done”.
3. Check if Apple’s “Files” app can see your ThePhotoStick® Omni device.
- From the Home Screen, tap on “Files”
- Under the “Locations” section you should see “PHOTOSTICK”.
NOTE: If you do not see this, then your iPhone or iPad does not detect the ThePhotoStick® Omni device.
4. Try powering off and back on your iPhone or iPad.
- Hold the power button on your iPhone or iPad until the power off slider appears.
- Drag the slider to power off and then wait 30 seconds for the iPhone or iPad to power off.
- Turn the iPhone or iPad back on by pressing and holding the power button until you see the Apple logo.
- After powering back up, ensure ThePhotoStick® Omni device is plugged in fully and securely and see if it is now seen in the “Files” and ThePhotoStick® Omni app.
5. Close and re-open ThePhotoStick® Omni app.
- On iPhone 8 or earlier, double-click the Home button to show the currently open apps on your iPhone or iPad.
- On iPhone X and later or iPad with iOS 12 or later, from the Home screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause slightly in the middle of the screen.
- Then, Swipe left or right to find ThePhotoStick® Omni app and then swipe up on it to close the app.
- To open the ThePhotoStick® Omni app again, find the app on your Home screen and then tap to open it.
Common causes of not being able to run a backup of music files
Due to Digital Rights Management (DRM), only music downloaded and saved locally on your iPhone or iPad can be backed up. So, be sure to download any purchased songs from iTunes if you want them saved to your ThePhotoStick® Omni device.