To create a Parent/Child relationship between two tables, complete the following steps
- Create each of the tables that will be party to the relationship
- Open the Table Management Window for the table that is the child table in the relationship. This is the table that will contain the many records in the One-to-Many or Many-to-One relationship.
- Click on “Create Table Reference” at the bottom of the objects library section on the far right side of the table management screen
- Click and hold your mouse over the table that is to be the Parent Table in the relationship. This is the table that will contain the one record in the One-to-Many or Many-to-One relationship While holding your mouse button, drag that table into the fields section (middle column) of the Table Management window and release the mouse
- Once the parent table reference has been added to the data model of the child, click on the name of the parent table to open the table link parameters window. This window is displayed in the image below.
Click on the Composition and change the content of that field to “Yes”. This will stipulate that the parent table is “composed” of the related records in the child table. This relationship is described in the image below.