Description: The upper() function converts a string into upper case. If the input is a null value, the formula will return “”.
- upper, in lowercase initiates the function
- String is a single (not an array) Text element
Things to keep in mind when constructing this function:
1. The key element of the function is case sensitive and must be entered in all lower case
2. The String element is required
3. The result of the formula is a string
3. You will receive an error in the formula if the input is not a Text element
upper(“Nioxus is great!”) = “NIOXUS IS GREAT!”
Real World Solution:
Sometimes you want to make text stand out. Just use the upper() function and that text will jump right off the page. Say you have a Notes field that you’d like to convert into upper case.
Here’s the code:
The Notes field looks like this:
The upper() formula field will look like this: