- Always be courteous to your students.
- Always control your temper.
- Act the part of a person in a responsible position, conscious of your job.
- Be firm, but kind.
- Report any continuing behavior problems to the transportation office by way of a Student Conduct Report.
- If problems escalate, call into the transportation office to request an Administrator meet your bus upon arrival to the school.
- Remember to use good judgment when talking to students.
- Remember that things said are often exaggerated.
- Do not be too familiar with the students.
- Do not be too lenient at first.
- Do not make wisecracks.
- Do not threaten.
- Do not shout.
- Do not argue.
- Do not use physical force.
- Observe the policy of hands off.
- Do not discipline students while the bus is in motion.
- Avoid general statements to the whole busload of students when restoring order.
- Do not use profane or indecent language or tolerate any from them.
Last modified: 2019/08/26