- Speed limits are to be observed at all times. On school property, the speed limit is 10 MPH.
- While loading and unloading students at school the engine should be turned off.
- No backing of the bus without a spotter. If help is needed, please notify Dispatch.
- Drivers shall not travel in the left lane of any highway—with or without students unless a safety concern dictates otherwise. The left lane should be used only for the avoidance of the obstruction in the normal travel lane. (Driver is to maintain right at all costs).
- Drivers shall not pass other vehicles on school grounds.
- If a driver finds him/herself in a position where safety becomes ambivalent, they must pull over in a safe location and contact the Transportation Office for guidance.
- Intersection Management – All MHRD bus drivers must remain motionless for a period no less than two (2) seconds at any and all intersection governed by a traffic sign.
Last modified: May 07, 2020