How to Generate an API Key
API Tokens function like ordinary authentication tokens. They can be used by third-party applications and services to interact with the JESI API to extract data and perform authorised actions
API tokens can be used as an alternative to the login credential exchange process and authorise on behalf of a Company (instead of a user)
It is recommended that each third-party application has its own API Token with only the necessary permissions to perform its operations
Note: This process can only be accessed by a User with JESI Company Administrator permission level. Alternatively, please contact JESI Customer Success at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Log into JESI using a Company Administrator User Profile
- On the left side menu, expand Company (1) and select API Tokens (2)
- You will be greeted with the API Tokens page. To start creating a new API token. Click the orange ‘NEW API TOKEN’ button on the right side of the page
- Select the permissions that your new API key will have. If you are going to use this key purely for reporting, you will need the permissions boxed in red as shown in the image below (1)
Provide a comment description in the ‘Comment’ field (2) and click ‘NEW API TOKEN’ (3) to finally generate your API Key
- Once finished, an API Token Created screen will appear where it provides summary information about the new token, as well as your token string
Make sure you copy the API Key and paste / store it in a safe location. Once you press the orange ‘CLOSE’ button, you will not be able to see the token again
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.