In order to perform certain actions within EPC a user must check out an object.
- The Check Out function reserves the selected object for modifications by the user who checked out the object.
- Checked out objects will appear as locked to other EPC users. This ensures that the consistency and integrity of the content, since other users are not able to modify a locked object.
- The Check Out function must be performed for the user to modify the selected object. All objects are checked out by default when they are created.
- In order for object modifications to be made available to other EPC users, the object must be checked in.
- Checking in an object saves the changes made since the object was last checked out.
- The newly checked-in object will automatically be defined with a new version number and will replace the previously checked-out object.
- When an object is checked in, it no longer appears as locked.
- Only the user who checked out the object in question may check it back in.
- In order to delete/move an object, the object must be checked in unless it is locally new.
Need more help with this?
Visit the Support Portal
Thanks for your feedback.