- Operating system: Windows Server 2008 64 bit (including R2), Windows Server 2012 64 bit, Windows Server 2016 64 bit, Windows Server 2019 64 bit, IIS v 7.X
- Minimum CPU: 1 x Dual Core Xeon or analog
- Minimum free RAM: 4 GB
- Disk space: A minimum of 10 GB of free space is required to install the software and 1 GB of free space on the drive that contains the temporary directory used by Cognos components.
- Web server: IIS Web server must be installed and started.
- Database: Cognos Content Database can be installed and configured as the default content store database (recommended for testing). For production deployment, use MSSQL database
- Microsoft SQL Server TCP/IP connectivity to Microsoft SQL Server
- Database tools installed on Cognos Server host (Cognos Server Host is different from the Database Host):
- MSSQL 2008/2012/2014/2016 Native Client
- MSSQL 2008/2012/2014 SQLCMD Command Line Utility
- Web browser: For all web browsers, enable the following:
- For Microsoft Internet Explorer only, enable the following:
- Run ActiveX controls and plugins
- Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting
- Active scripting
- Allow META REFRESH
- If users want to email reports, they can use an SMTP server.
Need more help with this?
Visit the Support Portal
Thanks for your feedback.