EPC has added the optional Capability module to users, this module enables companies to represent a high-level view of their organization from the perspective of business capabilities that, in essence, briefly describe everything their organization can do.
While EPC’s core module, the Process module, defines “how” things are done, the Capability module is used to define “what” the company does at its core.
Business Capability is the expression or articulation of the capacity, materials, and expertise that an organization needs to perform core functions. Enterprise architects use business capabilities to illustrate overall business needs in order to better strategize IT solutions that meet those business needs. Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) is a process and behavioral model that helps organizations streamline process improvement and encourage productive and efficient behaviors that decrease risks in software, product, and service development.
Capability has the same page layout as the other modules in EPC, tabs LIST, GRAPH, and DETAILS are available.
In this new module, users can:
- access Capability through the main menu
- create capability on the NEW button, and define its GENERAL information, PROPERTIES, and ANALYSIS of the objects
- edit GENERAL information, PROPERTIES, and ANALYSIS of capability objects
- find the capability by using the Search Bar
- edit Capability options through Environment and System Admin Settings
- create additional attributes in the system
- upload templates for Capability modules
- download a capability book, this document is a summary of the information of the selected capability.
- copy and paste capability objects
- move objects in the tree
- import/ export capabilities
- see the value assign to each capability by their color in Hierarchy Graph
How it works?
To access this new module, users can find it in the main menu. In the tree of the capabilities module, the sets are displayed and within them the capabilities that have been created.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.