- If outside, return to building and take shelter in a hallway away from windows.
- If inside, stay away from windows and skylights.
- Upon hearing direction from administration via the intercom, students should exit the classroom, single file, and proceed to the hallway or designated area of protection (see plan).
- Students should face the wall, kneel with their heads down and hands clasped behind their heads. Students should remain in this position until the threat of injury has passed and the administration has given the “all clear”
- Use “head tuck” position when appropriate to protect from flying objects.
- The teacher should carry the Grab and Go Bag, turn out the lights, and close the door.
- After the class reaches its designated area (see plan on next page), the teacher should take roll and report any students that are missing to administration or office staff with a walkie talkie or through GroupMe application on phones. There is no talking.
- Avoid gyms, auditoriums, cafeterias, or any other area with wide roof spans. These are dangerous areas during this type of weather activity.
Thanks for your feedback.