GRACE utilizes surveillance cameras at all of its building locations (including 801, 1051 (Activity Building), and 1101 Buck Jones Rd). Retrieval of video may only be obtained through the following circumstances:
- Reporting of Activity – Employees believing that GRACE’s surveillance system may have recorded activity that might be considered vandalism, bodily harm, criminal activity, or activity of other concern should contact a building principal or other school administration with estimated day/time of event in order to initiate a review of footage.
- The administrator receiving the request will determine if it is in the school’s best interest to dedicate the resources necessary to review the footage. The administrator will either be involved in the review directly, with the support of the IT Department, or may assign an employee to view the footage.
- For accountability, at least two school employees should be present when reviewing footage (IT Department members should only be burdened with this responsibility if absolutely necessary).
- Any findings should be reported in writing (email is adequate). This brief report should be emailed to the school administrator making the request and include the following information.
- Summary of findings: a brief statement of what was discovered (keeping to facts/events)
- Camera(s) from which the video in question was established.
- Time, date, and any other information relevant to easily locating the footage for playback.
- The administrator will determine if any further action needs to be taken. The IT Department will not assume that footage needs to be retained. If the footage does need to be retained, the administrator will need to inform the IT Department within 24 hours or before the footage is overwritten.
Thanks for your feedback.