- All teachers are responsible for maintaining daily attendance records for each group of students seen each day. In addition to the teacher’s attendance record, a school-wide attendance record is kept.
- Daily attendance reports are to be posted each day by 9:15 a.m. for elementary grades.
- Period attendance will be kept by middle and high school teachers.
- Parents should e-mail or the day of the absence. If this is not done, students should give absence notes to the receptionist upon their return. Each teacher of a class missed during the absence must check RenWeb for excused or unexcused absence and accept makeup work accordingly.
- Records should be checked for all required information and updated as needed.
- Current student records are filed alphabetically in the Student Information Manager’s (SIM) office.
- TK-6 teachers should review the cumulative academic record of all students as well as make note of allergies, other student health issues or custody issues.
- 7-12 teachers may access the student academic records at anytime as needed. The Upper Campus Student Information Manager will alert teachers to relevant allergy information.
- The LEAP Director will provide a summary to all teachers within the first month of school of students with accommodations or modifications.
- All cumulative records must be checked out before taking them out of the records room or from the Student Information Manager. All folders must be returned by the end of the day. The records in the file are in a certain order. Please straighten each file when you are finished and keep the records in order.
- Cumulative records should not be taken from the office suite or left in view of others.
- Students’ files contain sensitive information and must be handled with the utmost discretion. A parent may have access to their child’s cumulative record.
Viewing of Student Files
Student files and family information are confidential and given to a school for the mutual benefit and safety of the child in the school’s care.
- All files and information will only be reviewed by teachers and staff directly involved with a particular student.
- The parents or custodial parent or legal guardian will be the only non-employees able to review these files.
- Organizations such as Child Protective Services may be given access to a student’s files if the administration feels that this is in the best interest of the child or the school as a whole.
- Addresses and telephone numbers may be used by parent organizations within the school ex. Room parents and booster clubs.
Thanks for your feedback.