The purpose of this guide is to provide school personnel with a quick reference in the event of an emergency. This guide was developed with the help of the Wake County Emergency Management Agency and use of other state and federal guidelines (see Resources). The philosophy of emergency management is that a pre-planned, organized approach is more effective in reducing psychological and social difficulties following a school crisis.
This guide includes procedures that are designed to deal with a number of emergencies that could occur in the school. These procedures do NOT cover every condition that might develop, and it may not always be possible to follow every procedure.
General Emergency Plan
- Immediately notify the school office or an administrator of any emergency.
- A member of the administration will report to you immediately.
- Take appropriate actions to care for the students at the scene.
- Send a student (if safe) to get help from the school office at the same time.
If a telephone is close by, call 911 immediately when emergency services are needed.
- If the administration deems it necessary, parents will be notified of any emergency event by the Renweb Parent Alert System.
- In the event of an emergency, .