- Set times for recess for each class will be scheduled for non-physical education days and must be followed. Times are scheduled for safety reasons; please adhere to the schedule.
- In case of rain, quiet group games are conducted in the classroom by the teacher.
- Teachers may not take time from scheduled recesses for academic or disciplinary reasons without permission of the principal and/or parents.
- The teacher is responsible for monitoring student recess closely. Parents may assist, but at least two school employees must be on the playground with each grade.
- All play equipment should be labeled. Classroom playground equipment should be labeled with the grade level. Physical education equipment should be labeled “GRACE” by the physical education teacher.
- The teacher is responsible for making sure all equipment is returned to its proper place. Students should be encouraged to take good care of all equipment.
- Students may not “borrow” equipment from the physical education office without express permission from the physical education teacher.
- Students should not be in the physical education office at any time.
Thanks for your feedback.