Tuition discounts are offered based upon the employee’s contracted hours per week. The discounts offered are as follows:
- Full-Time Employees (30 hours or more per week) – 43% Discount
- Less than 30 hours and greater than/equal to 15 hours per week – 23% Discount
- Less than 15 hours per week – 10% Discount
Additional Employee Tuition Assistance Fund
The Additional Employee Tuition Assistance Fund was created to supplement the employee tuition discount in an effort to make the transition of affording GRACE for their children a gradual financial process. The opportunity for additional tuition assistance is available to all full time employees with children in grades K‐2.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a current Full Time GRACE Employee (40 hours/week)
- Available for students in grades K‐2
- Must apply through the FACTS Grant & Aid system, third party that calculates need
- All awards given are contingent on the availability of Funding and are based on need
- In addition to the GRACE Employee Tuition Discount, additional assistance can be provided for up to a total of 70% off Tuition
- Applicant must apply each year for the additional funds via FACTS Grant & Aid
- Awards for the applicants will be determined by the GRACE Tuition Assistance Committee
- Awards should be kept confidential
The source of funds for the Additional Employee Tuition Assistance Fund will be donations and will not be funded from GRACE’s operating budget.
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
Time Off Policies
- All employees are eligible, immediately upon hire, for PTO hours equaling 1.6 times their contracted hours per week. This is the equivalent of 8 days of PTO.
- 40 hours per week = 64 hours PTO
- 30 hours per week = 48 hours PTO
- PTO hours can be used for personal matters, sick time, and vacation time.
- PTO must be used in a minimum of 2 hour increments for anyone requiring a substitute. Information regarding requesting a substitute .
- PTO hours will not carry over to the next school year and cannot be shared.
- Full Time Faculty (40 hours/week) will be paid ½ of their PTO balance as of 5/31 up to 24 hours. (for example if PTO balance at 5/31 is 40 hours, Faculty member would be paid for 20 hours.)
- PTO requests should be managed throughout the year such that an employee is not in a position of requesting numerous days off in April and May. Any requests for more than two consecutive days in May should be submitted for approval by April 1st.
- All other PTO requests must be submitted to the respective administrator three days in advance except in the case of illness or an emergency.
- PTO should not be taken on in-service days, work days, major event days, or the day preceding or following a holiday break.
- Upon termination, employees are not paid for unused PTO hours.
- PTO should be used for staff who are participating in field trips in a parental/chaperoning role and are not the actual teachers involved in the planning and organizing or a field trip. However, it should be noted that the employee still represents GRACE Christian School in all aspects on a field trip.
- LWOP should not be taken except for unforeseen emergency situations
- Faculty and Staff should schedule their PTO during the year to not be put in an LWOP situation.
- LWOP needs to be approved with appropriate supervisor prior to taking.
- Vacation applies to 12 month employees only.
- Year round employees are eligible for vacation days equaling 2 times their contracted hours per week. This is the equivalent of 2 weeks of vacation.
- Vacation leave requests should be submitted .
- Unused vacation hours as of May 31st may carry over up to ½ of annual accrual.
- As a common courtesy, vacations should not be scheduled during particularly busy times of the year such as; start of school or registration.
- Three bereavement days are allowed for the death of an immediate family member.
- Immediate family members include: spouses, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, grandparents, and parents-in-law.
- Part-time employees are eligible for bereavement pay in proportion to the number of hours they are normally scheduled to work.
- If an employee of GRACE Christian School is called to serve on jury duty, it is his/her civic duty. The employee will be paid for all days attending jury duty as if the employee were at work during normal hours. Proof of duty should be provided to supervisor. If the service exceeds five days, special arrangements must be made with the supervisor.
Family and Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”)
Employees with a minimum of 12 months of employment and 1,250 hours of service during the 12-month period immediately preceding the commencement of the leave, may be eligible for a total of 12 work weeks of unpaid family or medical leave during the applicable 12-month period.
Leave may be taken for the following reasons:
- The birth of the employee’s child or for the placement of a child with the employee for adoption or foster care.
- In order to care for the employee’s spouse, son, daughter, or parent who has a serious health condition. If the child is over 18 years old, he or she must be unable to care for himself or herself due to a serious health condition.
- For a serious health condition that makes the employee unable to perform the functions of his or her position. A “serious health condition” usually requires either inpatient care or continuing treatment by or under the supervision of a health care provider.
- A covered family member’s active duty or call to active duty in the Armed Forces or to care for an injured or ill covered service member. A covered member is a current member of the Armed Forces and/or National Guard or Reserves. Additional details/requirements for this type of leave are available through Human Resources.
- Additional information regarding FMLA may be found though the .
Holidays and times when the school is closed may be found on the . Any PTO or Vacation time used on a work day during which students are not in school should be approved at least two weeks in advance by the employee’s supervisor.