Year-long unit planning or course maps should be done by grade levels and departments during Faculty/Staff Orientation and submitted to the respective principal. A timeline for meeting objectives should also be developed. The unit planning and timeline should be updated each quarter (course maps).
All teachers must post lesson plans on Talon by Monday at 8:00 a.m. Lesson plans must be written clearly with sufficient detail to be easily understood and followed. Failure to keep plans current may be cause for disciplinary action. A printed copy of lesson plans should be in an easily visible place in the room for subs to use in an emergency.
- Any new projects must be approved by the Academic Dean at least one week prior to assigning the project. Rubrics must include biblical integration and national or state standards and be submitted to department heads/grade level coordinators, LEAP Director, and principal before sending to parents and students.
- Projects of students in 7-12th grades may not be due later than the 7th week of the quarter in order to allow students to focus on tests in the last weeks and also give teachers time to grade projects.
A substitute teacher folder should be prepared the first month of school and updated each quarter. The folder should include all the following (if applicable):
- Teacher Schedule
- Seating chart/class rosters
- Emergency plans for fire/ tornado/ emergency crisis guide
- Classroom management plan
- Macbook guidelines
- List of dependable students and student jobs
- Procedures for attendance, hot lunch orders, restroom
- Enrichment classes
- Reading groups
- Lesson plans (updated at the beginning of each quarter)
- List of assistants/teachers/etc. who can be called upon if there are questions
- Administrative Assistant’s contact info
- In addition, the substitutes on the upper campus are given a folder by the receptionist which contains the following:
- Schedule times (regular schedule, late-start schedule, early-dismissal schedule)*
- List of Students with Medical Issues*
- Substitute Notes Page*
- Substitute Teacher Evaluation*
- Duty Roster*
- Faculty/Staff Telephone List*
- School Calendar*
- Annual Theme*
- Dress Code*
- Cell Phone Policy*
- Evacuation Plan*
- Evacuation Procedures*
- Campus Map
(* indicates items that may be found in the OneNote )