If a student becomes ill during the school day, he/she will be sent to the office. The parent will be called and must arrange to pick him/her up. Some illnesses may require a re-check before students are allowed to return to class.
Students may remain in the office only if there are symptoms of illness and parents are en route for pickup. In consideration of the health of others, it is our policy that a student must stay home with:
- Fever (24-hours free) A fever is considered a temperature of 100 or more.
- Vomiting (24-hours free)
- Colored nasal discharge
- Persistent cough
- Pinkeye (24 hours on medication)
- Strep throat (24 hours on medication)
- Flu symptoms (24-hours free)
- Diarrhea (24-hours free)
- Contagious chicken pox, i.e., during presence of blisters, scabs
- Open sores from any infectious disease
- Head lice (Head treated and no nits/eggs/lice)
- Other contagious illnesses