Situations may occur which present a danger outside the building and prevent evacuation. Such events may include a chemical leak in the surrounding area or nuclear radiation exposure. The following procedures should be followed:
- If outside, immediately seek shelter inside.
- Call 911 if needing to report the situation.
- Close all doors and windows.
- Designated staff will shut off all air conditioners, furnaces, and any other fans that draw air into the building.
- Teachers take roll and account for all students. If any are missing, report this to the office or administration.
- The office staff will monitor the situation via the television, radio or weather radio, and maintain communication with emergency officials.
Thanks for your feedback.