A young lady or gentleman should be dressed in such a way to respect and honor God, themselves and others. Clothing should be neat, modest, and appropriate.
Supervising teachers may designate a specific dress code for field trips or special events with administration approval. Otherwise students are expected to be in school dress code, including exam days and while on campus before and after school.
Every Friday shall be set aside as a “GRACE Day” for all students, and the first Monday of each month shall be set aside as a “College Spirit Day” for seniors only, unless otherwise designated by the administration. Guidelines for these special dress days are outlined in the following GRACE Dress Code.
Dress Code Standards for both Ladies and Gentlemen
- Students are to be neat and well-groomed. All attire must be clean, modest, and appropriately sized – not too small or tight and not too large.
- Tops must be long enough to cover the midriff and bottoms must fit appropriately at the waistline.
- Tops such as collared shirts or plain sweatshirts may have small pocket-sized logos. Brand names, logos, or graphics bigger than the palm of one’s hand are not proper classroom attire.
- GRACE t-shirts may be worn on any day – These include GCS spirit wear, GCS sports teams & conference championship shirts, GCS worship team shirts, GCS missions trip shirts, GCS theater shirts, GCS club shirts and GCS chapel shirts.
- Undershirts, cropped tops, tank tops and non-GRACE t-shirts are not appropriate classroom attire
- Sweatshirts (plain sweatshirts, GRACE sweatshirts, collegiate sweatshirts, appropriate military sweatshirts) may be worn on any day. No sweatshirts from other high schools will be allowed.
- Inappropriate writing and large logos are not proper classroom attire.
- Jeans may be worn everyday. Frayed and torn jeans are not proper classroom attire. Sweatpants, athletic pants, yoga pants, spandex leggings, flannel pajamas, or athletic shorts are not appropriate classroom attire.
- Shoes should be worn at all times. Plastic shoes such as athletic slides and flip flops are not appropriate. Shoes should have less than a 3” heel for safety purposes. Middle and high school students may wear sandals and leather flip-flops
- Elementary school students must have heel straps or closed backs
- Visible tattoos are not appropriate in the school environment
- Head coverings such as hats, scarves, and hoods (sweatshirts with hoods may be worn, but the hood may not be worn in the building), are not appropriate in the school environment
- Sunglasses may only be worn in the case of a medical need
- No cross-gender dressing is permitted within the GRACE Christian School community
- : The change of clothes kept at school must be dress code appropriate.
- : College Spirit days consist of GRACE approved jeans, and appropriate collegiate tops (t-shirts or sweatshirts).