- The bus driver is responsible for the safety of the bus and all passengers.
- Bus drivers must always carry a school GPS/cell phone.
- Only drivers possessing a class C CDL with P endorsement may transport students on those buses which require it. Drivers possessing a valid class C license may drive the 14 Passenger buses.
- Drivers must bring bus to a complete stop at all railroad crossings.
- Drivers must maintain a clean driving record.
- Drivers must submit to a criminal record check.
- Drivers must verify condition of bus after each trip.
- Buses must be signed in and out by driver after each trip.
- Trips should be detailed in the trip log kept in each bus.
- On long trips, it is preferable to have two approved drivers.
Athletics – Student Drivers
Only student-athletes who have permission to drive to and from school will be able to drive themselves to and from practices and games. Student-athletes are only allowed to drive themselves if a current driving permission slip is on file in the office. Other student- athletes may not ride with student drivers (to practice or a game) unless the required permission slips (see appendix) have been signed by both the driver’s and the passenger’s parents.