- The teacher is responsible for maintaining a welcoming classroom.
- Displays on walls on the Lower Campus should be attached with straight pins, staples, or plasti-tak only. On the Lower Campus, teachers should remove outdated flyers from classroom windows/doors. Bulletin boards should be neat and enhance the classroom setting.
- Displays on the walls on the Upper Campus should be attached with push pins. No nails should be used. In the Upper Campus, nothing should be attached to doors. Windows and windows in doors should not be covered.
- Bulletin boards should be changed regularly and should relate to current topics of study. Examples of exemplary work should be used as well as student products.
- Students should be encouraged to keep their work areas neat and clean and should assume responsibility for the appearance of their classroom and the total school. Students at the upper campus should place chairs on desks at the end of each day. Lower Campus students should place chairs on desks at the end of the day as scheduled with the exception of TK/K. Floors should be kept clean. The custodial staff will clean floors daily. Cardboard should not be thrown in the trashcan or dumpster. It should be placed in the hallway (TK-6) or next to the trashcan (7-12) for pickup.
- Maintenance requests should be submitted through . This is bookmarked in the Google browser under “GRACE Bookmarks” as Facilities Support. Further information may be found in the “Facilities Information” tab in the OneNote “GRACE Employee Handbook.”
- Technology requests should be submitted through the “” bookmark found under “GRACE Bookmarks” in the Google browser or by emailing the request to . All technology support requests should be made using this online means.
- Food should be eaten during specific break times in areas designated by teachers. Food and drink, including water should not be used near open computers. Teachers should not give students gum. If candy is given, it must be eaten or disposed of before the end of class. Teachers should refrain from eating or drinking during instruction periods.
- IMPORTANT: Teachers should lock classroom doors and windows each afternoon, and anytime not in rooms.
- Hallways and common areas should be given special care and reflect pride in our community. Paper, trash, food, etc., should not be left in the gym, lounge, lunchroom, or hallways.
- Food should not be taken from the lunchroom.
- Grounds should be kept clean. Teachers should encourage students to show pride in their school by cleaning the grounds.
- Students should use walkways.
- Teachers are expected to take care of school property and return items used to their appropriate places. Areas used should be left clean after each use.
Thanks for your feedback.