Note: Fire Drills conducted once a month will mimic this activation but you will follow the “Fire Evacuation Procedures” for drills. The Fire Department will be notified in advance.
- Ensure evacuation of building begins immediately (follow fire evacuation procedures in next section)
- Call 911 for emergency assistance. Even if automatic call system is utilized in school, still call 911 to confirm fire alarm activation at the school facility.
- Administration or Staff proceed to fire alarm annunciator panel or remote panel. DO NOT SILENCE THE ALARM AT THIS TIME.
- Determine zone activated and send staff member to investigate if it is safe to do so. Keep in mind that the alarm will be initiated by either heat/smoke detectors or pull stations.
- If smoke or fire is encountered, follow the steps under “Actual Fire or Smoke Situation”. If no fire is found, follow the fire department personnel’s instructions.
Thanks for your feedback.