7th and 8th Grade Students Playing High School Sports
- By NCISAA rules, except for football, 7th – 12th grade students are eligible to play on varsity high school teams and GRACE has endorsed this policy under certain situations.
- GRACE 7th & 8th grade students will generally compete at the middle school/JV level. With prior approval of the athletic director/administration/coaching staff, GRACE philosophy is that 7th and 8th graders are allowed to try out for high school teams only when it is in the best interest of the GRACE athletic program and to the individual student and their family.
- Eligible Athletic participation starts in 6th Grade.
- Outstanding Middle School athletes who meet the same criteria used for HS athletes will also be eligible for lettering at the discretion of the Head Coach and Athletic Director at the conclusion of the season.
5th Grade Students Athletic Participation
- The Capital Area Middle School Conference, of which GRACE is a member, does not allow the participation of any students in fifth grade.
Last modified: 10 July 2019