In order to maintain campus safety, parents, students and visitors must carefully follow the dismissal procedures.
Dismissal procedures require the following parent responsibilities:
- Drivers need to be alert and cooperate with school personnel in traffic control procedures.
- Drivers should not be on their cell phones while driving on school property.
- Cars should proceed slowly!
- Parents should not enter the building during dismissal.
- Any student who needs to be dismissed early must be signed out by 2:40 pm (Lower Campus) or 3:00 pm (Upper Campus).
Lower Campus (TK-6th)
- The Lower Campus Traffic Pattern Map should be followed.
- Carpool signs must be displayed in the front passenger window every day throughout the year until the child is in the car. Failure to display the carpool sign may result in delays in picking up your student.
- Students not picked up by 3:15 p.m. will be signed in to After Care. Parents will be charged for this service.
- Students may not use school phones to make social plans. Changes in pick-up should be arranged by a parent and the school notified. Office staff will notify the student.
Upper Campus (7th-12th)
- The upper campus traffic pattern map should be followed.
Middle (7th-8th grade) and high school students are dismissed at 3:15 p.m. They will leave the building using the designated doors.
- Athletes and student drivers dismiss out the back door
- Activity building students may be picked up at the activity building
- All other students exit at the front door for carpool
- Any students remaining on campus after 3:30 p.m. must report to After Care. Students going to help classes should report directly to the teacher’s room and be picked up by 4:00 p.m. or go to After Care.
- Students driving to school must complete a Parking Registration Form prior to driving on campus.
- All students should park in designated student parking only. Students are expected to follow all guidelines given on the Parking Registration Form.
Checking out a Student
Guidelines for checking out your student in the in the middle of the school day are listed in the Attendance section of this handbook under the heading Release of Students.
Early Dismissal times are 11:45am for the lower campus (TK-6th) and 11:55am for the upper campus (7th-12th).