Parents/Students to Coaches
- All concerns about teams must first be presented to the head coach by the parents, or if the student is mature enough, by the student himself. A respectful demeanor is required at all times.
- If the problem is not resolved, the parent and/ or student may bring the concern to the Athletic Director. If the student brings the concern, he must have permission from his parents to do so. If the problem is still not resolved, the parents should submit the matter, in writing, to the Head of School.
- A parent conference may be requested as needed.
- Email communication is usually the most efficient.
Coaches to Parents
- Coaches should respond to parent telephone calls or email messages within 36 hours.
- A formal parent pre-season meeting is required after roster has been finalized.
- Informal conferences should be arranged as needed.
- If a parent and coach cannot resolve a difficulty, the Athletic Director may be contacted.
Parents to Athletic Director
- Prior to approaching the Athletic Director, concerns must first be presented to the coach by the parents or student.
- If the parents have a grievance or dispute about the general operation of the school (apart from the operation of the athletic teams), they should bring their concerns to the Head of School.
- If the situation is not resolved, they should present their concerns, in writing, to the Board of Trustees.
- This procedure also applies to Board members who are acting in their capacity as parents and not as representatives of the Board.
It is understood that if any disputes arise which are not covered by this policy, the Head of School will decide what procedures to follow based on a parity of reasoning from those procedures established by this policy.
Last modified: Jul 10, 2019