In order for HitFilm to run properly, it is necessary that it be installed on a system which meets or exceeds the following requirements.
- Operating System: 64-bit version of Windows 8 or Windows 10; MacOS 10.12 Sierra, MacOS 10.13 High Sierra or MacOS 10.14 Mojave
- Storage: 1.2 GB free hard disk space for installation
- Processor: 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors or AMD equivalent
- RAM: 4 GB (8 GB or more recommended)
- Graphics Processor: Graphics processor with at least 1 GB video memory.
2GB or more video memory recommended for 4K UHD.
Earliest graphics cards HitFilm supports:
- NVIDIA: GeForce 600 (Kepler) Series (2012)
- AMD: Radeon R5 240 (2013)
- Intel: HD Graphics 5000 (GT3) (2013)
- Graphics Card Drivers: It is very important to have up-to-date drivers for your graphics card when using HitFilm.
For Mac users, the drivers are built into the OS and do not need to be updated separately.
For Windows users, it is recommended that you regularly check the website of your graphics card manufacturer (NVIDIA, AMD or Intel) for their latest drivers each month. The update built into Windows does not always report all updates, so it is recommended that you visit the manufacturer’s site rather than rely on the Windows update for your drivers.
- Internet: Internet connection required for online activation and web services. Offline activation is possible as well, but web services will be absent from the software.
After installation, HitFilm will start in demo mode. You can activate the demo software using a serial code at any time to remove all demo restrictions. While the software is in demo mode, the following restrictions will be in effect:
- Watermarked Exports: All exports created with the demo will be watermarked.
- No OFX Plugin Support: Third party plugins are not supported in the demo, so tools such as Boris 3D Objects and Mocha HitFilm are not available until HitFilm is activated. If you wish to evaluate these products, you can download demos of third party products from their manufacturers.
If you have purchased HitFilm Pro you can activate it immediately to use all of its features. For HitFilm Express, anyone can register for a free serial code to activate the software.
When you start the software, choose Activate from the welcome screen.
Follow the on-screen instructions to activate your software. Your serial code will be registered to your account at http://fxhome.com/account, so if it’s the first time you have activated the software, you can find the serial code there.
You can also activate by going to File > Options and then selecting the Activation tab.
Installing on Another Computer
HitFilm Express and add-ons can be activated on a single computer at a time. The HitFilm Pro license allows up to 3 concurrent activations. For both versions, you can manage your activations in your online account.
If you exceed your number of activations your earliest activation will be deactivated and return to demo mode.
You can transfer to a new machine and reinstall as many times as you want, so there’s no need to worry about losing your purchased software. it is permanently stored in your online account, so you can access it any time, from any location, as often and as many times as you need to.