HitFilm includes non-linear editing tools for constructing your short films, documentaries, music videos and features. The editor is perfectly integrated with the compositing features.
The editor timeline is track-based, with each track containing multiple clips (videos, image, audio or composite shots).
The basic editing workflow in HitFilm is as follows:
- Start a new project
- Import your media files
- Organize and assess media
- Trim media using the trimmer
- Add clips to the timeline
- Use the timeline tools to further refine the edit
- Convert clips to composite shots for complex VFX work
- Adjust audio levels
- Add transitions and effects
- Export the finished project
You will develop your own preferred editing workflow, if you don’t already have one, as you become familiar with HitFilm.