When working in 3D, your layers exist in a 3D space.
With fog turned off, all layers are rendered the same regardless of their distance from the camera. A layer in the far distance will be just as bright as a close-up layer.
If you turn fog on, layers will gradually fade to the fog color over a given distance, simulating atmospheric haze.
- Enable: Turns the fog on and off.
- Near Distance: The distance at which layers begin to fade into the fog.
- Far Distance: The distance at which layers will be completely fogged.
- Density: When using exponential fall offs, this increases the rate at which the fog thickens.
- Fall Off: Change between a linear fall off and various exponential fall offs. Exponential fall offs are more natural but can be more difficult to predict.
- Color: Change the color and brightness of the fog.