The advanced panel contains additional controls for defining how the model behaves in HitFilm.
After adjusting the advanced settings the Update Preview button must be clicked to see the changes in the preview.
Flip YZ axis can be used to alter the default orientation of the model. This is useful if the model has been built in software that uses a different coordinate system to HitFilm.
*Center Anchor Point*will ensure the anchor point is at the center of the model. This can be useful if the model is offset in 3D space.
3D Model Units/Scale
The scale of an imported model has to be adapted to the HitFilm 3D scene.
Auto Normalize will scale the model automatically to fit within a cube 500 units on a side. This will ensure the model fits neatly within the frame of a default HitFilm camera.
If you are working with multiple models or multi-file models that have been created to a specific scale you should uncheck auto normalize and set the Single Unit Scale. This will ensure all models use the same scale.
The unit scale can be set using the drop-down menu and the value set with the slider.
Normals are used to determine how light interacts with a surface. The Normal of each polygon is the angle which the polygon faces.
- Flip Normals: In the event of lighting seeming inaccurate, with areas appearing dark when they should be light, activate the Flip Normals property.
- Unify Normals: This option calculates the normals for all faces so they are facing away from the center of the model. If you have a model which is so broken that some polygons are not visible, or the order of the polygons is inconsistent, this option may help to repair the model and make it usable.
The Generation Method can be used to create normals for models that do not have them, or to alter the existing normals. This gives you several options for how the normals are handled, to modify their appearance.
- From File: reads the normals from the file, without any modification
- Generate Faced + Auto Smoothing: generates normals for each face, and then smooths all normals within the specified angle tolerance
- Generate Faceted: generates normals for each face of the model
- From File + Auto Smoothing: reads the normals from the file, then smooths all normals within the specified angle tolerance
UV mapping determines how textures are applied to a surface. If textures are appearing inverted or upside-down, make sure you activate the Flip UV Coordinates property.