- Explanation and Purpose of Due Dates
- Security Level Requirements and Access
- Configuring Due Dates
- Related Topics
This article is meant to provide you with details in configuring Due Date rules for Activity Types and Report Types. If you have a question not addressed here, you can search at the bottom of this article in Related Topics or you can Contact Support.
Explanation and Purpose of Due Dates
Due Dates are dates on which an event should occur or when a document should be submitted without being considered “Late” or “Missed”. If you have an Expiration Date for an Activity Type or Report Type, you cannot have a Due Date as well.
Due Dates in extendedReach are calculated based on 3 main factors:
- Period – This is the amount of time until something is due and at what frequency (i.e. monthly/every 90 days/repeating).
- Basis – This is the event or occurrence from which the due date is calculated (i.e. after Admission, Home Visit, Discharge, etc.).
- Create Trigger – This is what causes the item to show as “Due” on a worker’s task list (i.e. a case being admitted, a home visit being logged, etc). (Usually this is the same as the “Basis”.)
Security Level Requirements and Access
You must be an Agency Administrator to access the “Administration” menu on the left side of your Workspace.
Configuring Due Dates
Step 1. Create Trigger
From an Activity Type or Report Type, click on the General tab. Triggers are found within the “Activity or Report Type Information”. For more details on Activity Types or Report Types as they pertain specifically to Programs, please see Related Topics.
“Activity Type Information” or “Report Type Information”
- Create Trigger(s): If you would like an activity type or report type to be triggered based on the occurrence of an event, you can select one of these Program Triggers. Should you check a box, the eR system will often adjust your subsequent check-box options.
Step 2. Select Period and Basis
- Options: Should you check a box, the eR system will often adjust your subsequent check-box options. For more details on all Options within Activity Types or Report Types as they pertain specifically to Programs, please see Related Topics.
Image: “Configuration: Due Options”
-based on Event
Step 3. Set up the Repeating Due Date Period (if applicable)
Image: “Configuration: Due Formula”
Select the amount of days that the activity will be due in then check the box underneath it, “Repeat due date ever x days after previous x”. Enter in the amount of days the activity will be due again and base it on the previous Due Date or previous Activity Date.
Step 4. Select Additional Due Date Options
Image: “Configuration: Additional Due Dates Options”
Delete if due after close date and case closed.
Use months instead of days for due date units.
As always, be sure to SAVE your work.
- Activity Types, Report Types, Print Templates Overview
- Add and Maintain Program Activity Types
- Add and Maintain Program Report Types
- Add and Maintain Program Print Templates
- Expiration Dates
Next Topic Expiration Dates →