- Explanation of Processing Payments
- Steps to Processing Payments
- View Deposited Payments
- Unapplying a Payment
- Related Topics
Processing Payments is part of the optional add-on tool, called “Advanced Financial Management”. If you are interested in the extendedReach Advanced Financial Management tool, please contact your Agency Administrator, or extendedReach sales.
Explanation of Processing Payments
Payments are created from the case screen and applied to one or more charges, reducing the amount due. extendedReach will track the date the payment was deposited and create a deposit slip.
Steps for Processing Payments
1. From the Financial tab in a case, click on “Payment”.
Image: “Create Payment”
2. Complete the fields in the Payment Information section.
Image: “Payment Information”
|Payment Date||Click on the calendar icon to select the date of the payment.|
|Status||Since this is a new charge, the system will auto-fill “New”.|
|Type||Select the payment type, such as check or EFT, from the drop-down menu.|
|Payment From||Select who made the payment, from the drop-down menu.|
|Check Number||Type the number from the upper right-hand corner of the check, if payment was made with a check.|
|Amount||Type in the dollar amount of the payment.|
|Memo||If there are any additional notes, they can be recorded here.|
|Deposit Date||Click on the calendar icon to select the date of the deposit.|
3. Complete the fields in the Apply To These Charge(s) section.
Select the item or items you want to apply the payment to, by checking the box next to the charge.
Image: “Apply To These Charge(s) Section”
4. If you want to enter a payment for another child click “Add Another” instead of “Save”.
This is useful when applying a large check across children. This will save the Payment From / Check Number from the previous child and allow you to jump directly to the new child screen.
Image: “Save or (Save and) Add Another”
5. To deposit payments, go to “Organization Billing” and click on “Payments: Undeposited”.
Image: “Payments: Undeposited”
6. Check the box next to the payments you want to deposit.
Image: “Select and Print Deposit Slip”
7. Click “Print Deposit Slip” (if you want to print a deposit slip).
Image: “Deposit Slip”
8. Click “Mark as Deposited”.
Image: “Mark Deposited”
9. Enter the Deposit Date.
Image: “Mark Deposited Date”
View Deposited Payments
To view all deposited payments, go to Organization Billing, then “Payments: Deposited”.
Image: “View Deposited Payments”
Unapplying a Payment
If you make mistake when applying a payment to a charge and save the payment, you can unapply the payment and re-allocate it to other charges.
1. Click Edit.
Image: “Deposited Payments Edit”
2. Click the “Unapply” payment link.
Image: “Unapply All Payments”
3. Re-apply payment and Save.
Image: “Re-Apply Payment to These Charges”
- Advanced Financial Management: Overview of Financial Management
- Advanced Financial Management: Posting to Your Accounting System
- Advanced Financial Management: Adjustments
- Advanced Financial Management: Aging Reports