- Explanation of Advanced Financial Management
- Advanced Financial Management Security Level Requirements and Access
- Using Advanced Financial Management
- Related Topics
Advanced Financial Management is an optional add-on item. If your agency doesn’t currently have this option and are interested in learning more, please Contact Support.
Explanation of Advanced Financial Management
The extendedReach Financial Management feature allows your agency to do the following:
- Track detailed receivables balances within extendedReach (instead of within a separate accounting system such as QuickBooks)
- Track miscellaneous charges reimbursements (such as clothing allowances)
- Send financial summary data to your accounting system (through journal entries revenue, receivables and cash)
These features eliminate the need to re-key financial data from extendedReach into an accounting system as well as the need to set up individual customer records within the accounting system. Keeping financial data closer to the case data in extendedReach increases accuracy and the availability of information to those who need it most.
Program managers and administrators typically find tracking and managing receivables balances and detailed financial within extendedReach much easier than within an agency accounting system. These managers and administrators are also more likely to refer to the information on a regular basis, since it is easily accessible.
Advanced Financial Management Security Level Requirements and Access
You must be an Agency Administrator to access “Administration” on the left side of your Workspace. Hover over “Organization Billing”, and you will find multiple menu items related to this advanced tool.
Image: “Organization Billing Access Screen”
Using Advanced Financial Management
Once this feature is enabled (by extendedReach Staff) a “Financial” tab will appear on the case screen. Various financial reports will also appear in the “Organization Billing” menu. The “Financial” tab is where Case Charges, Payments, and Adjustments are entered.
Image: “Case Screen Financial Tab”
For receivables, extendedReach can construct journal entries for each receivables transaction and post them directly to the accounting system through a text file export/import interface.
Image: “Case Screen Financial Tab Usage”
- Advanced Financial Management: Posting to Your Accounting System
- Advanced Financial Management: Processing Payments
- Advanced Financial Management: Adjustments
- Advanced Financial Management: Aging Reports