The ICE system has been updated as of 8/24/14 and primarily affects TEN internal staff. It is highly recommended that users clear their web browser cache and/or update to the latest browser version in order to take advantage of these updates. For instructions on clearing you web browser cache, click here.
New features and changes:
- Staff and Freelance Assignments have been simplified and standardized. There are fewer fields to fill out and many fields are now optional that were previously required.
- New assignment types have been added to accommodate Video assignments and cases in which a single contributor will provide both Text and Photos. Additionally, there are also some unnecessary assignment types have been removed (Stringer, researcher, reporter).
- Releases field: There is now a check box that should be used to indicate whether all necessary signed Releases have been uploaded into ICE (either by the assigning editor or the assignee). For each assignment there is a related Releases tab where all necessary releases should be uploaded.
- Notifications: Email notifications will now be sent immediately upon creation of an assignment.
Payment area: There are fewer fields to fill out and some fields are now optional that were previously required.
Task Status: The Not Required status option has been put back into the tasks status drop down in the task detail.
- Task schedule: Corrected the bug that task dates were not appearing accurately in the task schedule Gantt chart.
- Payments: The Add button has been disabled in Staff assignments
- Time stamps: Time stamps will now match the time zone of the computer used to login to ICE.
- Column sorting: All columns are now sortable.
- Alphabetized drop down menus: All drop down menu items are now listed in alphabetical order. Names in menus throughout the system are now alphabetical by last name.