Similar to uploading photos in the Asset area of a content item, there is now a Video area for uploading videos. You will notice two buttons:
- Upload Video (soon to be renamed “Add”) – Use when uploading a new video to Kaltura
- Associate – Only used by Web Producers associate videos already on Kaltura
Step by Step
1. Within a content item, click Video in the left hand navigation pane or scroll down to the Related Video area.
2. Click the Upload Video button. A new browser tab opens to display a video upload form.
3. Fill out the required and known fields. These fields replace the current video submission form Excel spreadsheet.
4. Click the Browse button to locate the video and begin upload. IMPORTANT: the video will upload immediately and the form fields will submit after you click Browse and locate your video, so be sure to do this step after populating the form fields. (We are looking to add a Submit button to separate the form/video submission from the video browsing step.)
- An “uploading” message will appear while the video and form fields are uploaded to Kaltura.
- Once upload is complete, the browser will refresh and show the content item. Scroll back to the video area. Video metadata is displayed along with a video preview. You will see an error message in the preview area that the source video was not found while the preview is being generated. (We are looking to replace the error message with a “preview being generated message”.) Try reloading the page after a few minutes (depending on file size) to preview the video.
5. After uploading, you may close this new browser tab.