Event newsletters are special newsletters that are created in ICE based on content generated for a special event. This is separate from the regular network newsletters that are produced biweekly. This workflow assumes all related event stories are entered as content items in ICE and that each content item has an associated URL to the web story.
In this workflow, an Editor creates a newsletter project, add project tasks, populate with content items, and notify the associated Web Producer. The Web Producer creates the newsletter and email the proof to the Editor. The Editor reviews the proof and makes appropriate changes and/or approval via email. The Web Producer makes changes as necessary and schedules the publishing of the newsletter.
- Editor creates an event newsletter project
- Name: “(PUB)-(YYMMDD) Event Newsletter” where PUB is the 3 letter brand code and the YYMMDD is the date the newsletter should be sent out (example: HRD-160212 Event Newsletter)
- Platform: Email
- Type: Newsletter
- Owner: (Editor’s name)
- Due Date: (the date the newsletter should go out)
- Editor applies the appropriate Event Newsletter task template to the project
- Editor associates content items
- Editor marks task as complete. If any additional information needs to be conveyed, such as a specific time of day (Pacific Time Zone) it should be sent out, it can be added in the project comment section.
- The Web Producer will be notified via ICE and will create the newsletter based on the project information. Once the Newsletter is completed the Web Producer will email the newsletter proof directly to the editor. There is no need to mark the task as complete in ICE since this step is done via email.
- Editor will review the newsletter. Any changes, comments and approvals can be made as an email reply to the Web Producer. There is no need to mark the task as complete in ICE since this step is done via email.
- Web Producer makes any necessary changes and schedules the publishing of the newsletter based on the project due date and any time specified in the comments section.
- Web Editor marks the last task as complete in ICE.